Adjusting RD350 carburetors
1) Set idle speed at 1500RPM
2) Stop the engine, and remove one plug lead
3) Start the engine and adjust idle to 1200RPM
4) Stop the engine, and switch to the other plug
5) Start engine and adjust the idle to 1200RPM
6) Stop the engine and reconnect both plugs
7) Start the engine and screw out both idle screws EVENLY to achieve the
desired idle speed
You could try lower than 1200RPM so that when both pots are firing you have
turns on both idle screws to bring it down to where it should be.
The procedure above comes from the Suzuki T500 w/shop manual, and works well on RD350.
The next bit is to get the slides to raise simultaneously.
1) With the engine off…
2) roll on some throttle, then close the throttle and listen to the slides as
they hit the ilde screws
3) Screw one of the adjusters on the carb top half a turn
4) Repeat steps 1) and 2) ’till there is a single clunk as both slides hit the
5) Wind on full throttle, then stick your finger in the bell mouth and make
sure the slides are fully up